Committed, involved students create a vibrant, happy campus.
Students at Hartman Women's College are enthusiastic learners with a passionate commitment to their Torah learning, academic advancement and service to their community. These young women create and participate in stimulating and enriching student activities, inspiring Shabbatonim, and a social dormitory life.
Throughout the year, Hartman Women's College’s student government schedules compelling and exciting programming on campus including Shiurim with leading Rabbanim and Rebbetzins from the community or visiting scholars, Rosh Chodesh luncheons, Purim and Chanukah Chagigas, and special programming. The Honors Program publishes the student-authored literary journal, Apogee, each year.
Our campus is nestled in West Rogers Park, the heart of the Orthodox community. This prime location makes it easily accessible to shuls, homes for Shabbos meals, restaurants and local shopping. In addition, the campus is a 20 minute ride to Chicago’s beautiful downtown area. Students have easy access to the cosmopolitan experiences for which Chicago is known, such as Navy Pier, world-class museums, and walks on beautiful Michigan Avenue and the lakefront.
Students hailing from across the country and abroad enjoy residing in beautiful student residence apartments replete with a student-exclusive exercise room and lounge. Dormitory students build close friendships that last a lifetime.
Our library, which is the hub of student learning, holds significant collections of academic journals, resource materials, and sefarim. In addition, HTC enjoys access to several online databases such as Otzer Hachochma, Bar Ilan Responsa, The Spertus Library collection and other academic resources such as PubMed and Eric.
You are welcome to schedule a visit to the Hartman Women's College to meet with the Menahel Ruchani and Administration and staff. You can visit the classes and the dormitory. Contact Mrs. Rita Lipshitz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Student Activities & Organizations
- Student Government - The student government at Hartman Women's College is led by outstanding members of the student body. These students gain important leadership experience by creating, organizing, marketing and implementing exciting and relevant programs.
- Melave Malkas - Featuring inspiring speakers from the community, country and Israel. Good food and good fun!
- Motzei Shabbos Halacha Shiur Series - Held throughout the winter months by leading community Rabbanim for post-seminary young women.
- The Samuel T. and Sara W. Cohen High Tea and Torah Lecture Series - For students and women of the community, given by the Hartman Women's College deans.
- Holocaust Studies Programming - In conjunction with Yad Vashem International School of Holocaust Studies and the Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center
- Honors Society Symposia focused in the Advanced Sciences
- Yamim Noraim Lecture Series
- Honors Society Torah Lectures
- Apogee Literary Journal Publication
- Coding Boot Camps
- Genetic Testing Drive
- CPR Training
- Book Club
- International PI Day Lecture on Advanced Mathematics
- Chanukah and Purim Chagigot, L’ag Ba’Omer Barbecue, Rosh Chodesh Lunches for Students, and Comfort Lunches during Finals Week.
- Wendella Boat Tours of Chicago and Double Decker Bus Tours
- Midwest Alpine Ski trip, Pottery-Making, International Game Night, and Ice Skating
- Participation in National “Nerd Camp” for Education Students
- Trips to Springfield Illinois for Participation in Illinois Board of Education Legislation