The Israel Experience Program (IEP) of Hebrew Theological College enables HTC students to spend a year of college study in a yeshiva or seminary in Israel. A year in Israel is a challenging and enriching experience that serves as a guide in developing a lifestyle consonant with Torah values. Students can earn up to 30 credits for their Fall and Spring semesters of college studies and are provided academic advising to map out their course of study upon their return, culminating in a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Enrollment in Hebrew Theological College’s, Israel Experience Program is a mutual commitment. We expect students to complete their undergraduate studies at Hebrew Theological College. Students may not hold a deferral at another institution while enrolled in HTC and participating in the Israel Experience Program.
Apply to Hebrew Theological College:
To apply to HTC, please visit www.htc.edu/apply and you will be directed to our HTC/Touro Online Application System. HTC will only accept on-line applications as of November 1, 2016; paper applications will no longer be accepted. Applications to Hebrew Theological College must be received by May 1st, 2017 to be considered for the Fall 2017 semester. Please refer to the application instructions to determine your eligibility for consideration to HTC.
Once accepted to Hebrew Theological College, you will recieve a Participation Agreement and you must submit your signed copy along with the program fee by August 2nd.
Students who complete and submit their IEP Participation Agreement by August 2nd, are eligible for the discounted non-refundable fee of $1000. Starting August 3rd, the program fee will be $1,100. If paid on or after August 20th, the fee will be $1,250. Students who complete their year in Israel, will receive a tuition credit of $500 towards their first fall or spring semester when returning to Hebrew Theological College.
Each Israeli institution affiliated with Hebrew Theological College’s Israel Experience Program has established its own tuition and fee schedules. Payment to the affiliated Israeli institution is the responsibility of the student and parents.
Financial Aid and Scholarships:
HTC encourages students to explore local and national Financial Aid opportunities to help offset the cost of their education while enrolled at HTC and participating in the IEP. HTC Students may qualify for federal and state grants and student loans.
Additional Enrollment Information:
1. Enrollment in IEP is the first year of your baccalaureate degree at Hebrew Theological College.
2. Acceptance to the IEP Program is contingent on the completion of all admission requirements and acceptance to Hebrew Theological College.
3. Should you enroll in the IEP Program you will be required to participate in all Hebrew Theological College meetings and programs scheduled specifically for you in Israel. These include presentations by Rabbeim, faculty and deans geared to assist in academic planning.
To Do Checklist:
Apply to HTC by May 1, 2017
- Submit HTC application with all supplemental information required for admission
HTC must receive the following by August 2, 2017:
- $1000 non-refundable discounted IEP Program Fee (after August 2nd fee increases, see above)
- Signed Participation Agreement
- Final High School Transcript
- Immunization Form
PLEASE VISIT www.htc.edu/apply TO APPLY ONLINE
Earn College Credits through Internet classes!
Jewish Studies Online (JSOL) offers internet-based college courses in Math, Psychology and History. Our classes are taught by highly-qualified and engaging professors through Hebrew Theological College, an accredited college with an 90-year history of excellence.
Click here to learn more!